Prerequisites: Full body Massage
Professional one day Practitioner training course in Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD), this is a specialized form of massage that has powerful cleansing, relaxing, pain relieving & immunological effects however it is easy to learn with our expert tutors. It is a gentle, flowing, rhythmic massage and can be applied to a wide range of physical conditions to great effect.
Within this course we focus on post operative drainage massage, which assists with healing after surgery. Carrying out a MLD in this instance will
- Quicken healing rate
- Reduce post operative mental stress
- Strengthen tissues
- Reduce post operative complications
- Reduce post operative swelling
On the training day where you will learn to pump into the lymph nodes and massage sweeping away the toxins. You will cover the major lymph nodes in the body and the full treatment will take one hour.
- Health and Safety
- Sterilisation and Hygiene in the salon
- Anatomy and Physiology relating to the course you are studying
- Consultation process and an example of the consultation card
- Contra-indications and how to recognise them
- Origins of Lymphatic Massage
- How to treat post operative