Phlebotomy is for both medics and non-medics. It is the process of making a puncture in a vein, usually in the arm, with a cannula for the purpose of drawing blood.
Phlebotomy could take you down a new career path as a Phlebotomist or give you the ability to further your current career in nursing, healthcare or aesthetics.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) facial therapy, also known as the ‘Vampire Facelift’ or ‘Dracula Therapy’, helps slow down ageing and sometimes even reverse it. The treatment involves harvesting platelets from the patient’s blood and injecting them into problem skin areas. The procedure starts with the extraction of a minimal amount of blood which is then placed in a centrifuge to separate the plasma; it is then injected into the chosen area.
During this course you will learn how to effectively extract blood through venus access (Phlebotomy) and then how to effectively separate the blood cells from the platelets using a medical centrifuge. Then you will learn how to administer harvested platelets back into the skin using Nappage and Mesotherapy techniques.
How will you benefit from Platelet Rich Plasma Training:
- This treatment is an excellent add-on to your aesthetic clinic. It is becoming an increasingly popular treatment to improve the texture of the skin, create better skin tone, firm the skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and to revolumise beneath the skin.
- This treatment is cost effective as it incurs very little outlay, making it a very lucrative procedure for your aesthetic business.
- It can be used to treat the delicate areas above and below the eyes which are usually difficult to treat with treatments such as Botox and dermal fillers.
- PRP and PRF can be used on all skin types and used for both skin texture and volume.
- As this is an autologous system, patients who are opposed to using artificial products will be happier to try this treatment as it is completely natural and safe.
- There is very little downtime for your patients – increasing its popularity.
- Long lasting results.
- Overview – phlebotomy
- Phlebotomy uses and protocols
- Safety in taking blood
- Effective needle application
- How to practically take blood from the inside elbow
- Overview – what is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
- Overview – what is Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF)
- Background of the treatment
- Centrifuge use
- Indications of PRP/PRF (medical and aesthetic uses)
- Ageing process and skin anatomy
- Patient selection and aftercare
- Relative contraindications
- How to incorporate PRP/PRF into your clinic, including pricing
- Administering PRP/PRF with Dermaroller
- Administering PRP/PRF with Nappage mesotherapy
- Areas covered: Scalp, face and body
This course is not suitable for anyone who has a serious needle phobia. Students will be taking bloods from each other.