Pre-requisites: Foundation Dermal Filler Qualification
The advanced cannula course is ideal for aesthetic practitioners who have a good basic knowledge of dermal filler injections and who feel ready to develop their knowledge of alternative techniques by exploring the use of cannula in particular.
Learning to inject with a needle is the foundation building block to aesthetic injections. However, for many procedures, mastering cannula techniques opens a door to quicker and safer results with less bruising, bleeding, discomfort and, ultimately, fewer side effects, complications and greater patient satisfaction.
This course will explain the benefits of the cannula and give clear understanding of when it is more appropriate than using a needle and where needles are still the most effective approach.
You will learn the essential theory before watching demonstrations and having the opportunity to practice on live models.
- Provide refresher knowledge of facial anatomy
- Explanation of cannula vs needles – when to select which and advantages / disadvantages of both
- Knowledge building for cannula skills with underpinning theory – a variety of facial areas will be covered according to indications presented on the day by patient models
- Understand and manage a variety of side effects, complications, patient concerns and how to address them
- Demonstration of cannula techniques on real patient models
- Establish confidence through practical hands-on experience on patient models
Areas covered are nasolabial folds, marionette lines, tear trough, jaw and cheeks.