Pre-requisites: NVQ Level 3 Beauty or equivalent, Nurse / Dental Nurse, Doctor, Dentist – or Dental Practitioner with a GDC number, Pharmacist, Level 4 Micropigmentation with Level 3 A&P
Foundation Dermal Filler techniques:
- Lip enhancement
- Correction of nasolabial folds
- Correction of marionette lines
Course Aims & Objectives:
- An introduction to the cosmetic industry.
- Facial anatomy taught by experienced surgeons.
- The pharmacology of dermal fillers.
- How to undertake a gold-standard aesthetic consultation.
- Indications and contraindications of dermal fillers.
- Dermal fillers – basic sciences; areas of administration and handling; the dermal fillers market and patient aftercare.
- Conquering complications safely.
- The keys to setting up a successful aesthetic business
You will learn:
- History, ethics and law in aesthetics
- Role of the Advertising Standards Agency within aesthetics
- Pre-treatment conditions for good practice within aesthetics
- GMC responsibilities
- Legal obligations in aesthetics
- Product liability (on and off license product use)
- Principles of treatment in aesthetics
- The importance of individualised treatments
- Common health problems that can impact an aesthetic treatment
- Pre-procedural client consultation and informed consent
- Cosmetic psychology in aesthetics
- Facial assessments: identifying the suitable pathway to facial rejuvenation
- Dermatology in aesthetics
- Dermal filler use in aesthetics
- Practice of dermal filler use in aesthetics
- How dermal fillers work
- Threshold for onward referral
- What are dermal fillers?
- Benefits and limitations of dermal fillers
- Product selection
- What are dermal fillers used for
- Contraindications for treatment
- Cautions for treatment:
- Dermal filler injection techniques
- Dermal filler volume comparison
- Linear threading technique
- Fanning technique
- Cross-hatching technique
- Serial puncture technique
- The aesthetic consultation – client-centric “4 the client”
- Assessing asymmetry of the face
- Positioning the patient
- Injection precautions
- Muscles of the face
- Veins, arteries and nerves of the face
- Complications and post treatment advice
- Injection placement
- Arterial supply to the lips
- Dermal filler information and consent background
- Medical history
- Hyaluronidase protocol
- Recognising complications with HA fillers
- Health conditions which may affect treatment
- Post-treatment advice:
- Protocol for resolving bruising and swelling
- Dermal filler aftercare advice
Fully insurable training course in the UK.